Social Distancing Birthday Guide is something our team never thought we would need to put together but here we are in week 3 of social distancing in Ohio. How are you doing, mama? Feeling heavy emotions? Us too, especially if you, one of your kids, or a family member has a birthday and you can not be there for it. We all want our friends and family around to celebrate milestones. This year is understandably going to be a year of social distancing birthdays.
Our team has compiled a list of ideas for you to have a Social Distancing Birthday for your loved one.
Eleven Virtual Birthday Party Ideas
- Have a parade on your street of close friends and families in their cars. Your friends or family members can decorate signs, their cars, and sign happy birthday while practicing social distancing.
- Create: Art & Workshop offers paint parties to go! Have a couple of families get together via video chat and paint together using Creates paint party bags!
- Plan a TikToc Challenge with their friends: dancing, drawing, playing a game, cooking, ect…
- Zoom Party! Zoom offers 40 minutes free for video calls.
- Host an online movie event with Netflix.
- Compile a Birthday Party Printable with The Virtual Birthday Party.
- Create a Facebook Pop Up Party! Invite their friends (or parents) to a private group. Go live, play games, and ask questions.
- Host a whiteboard party. Play classic games like hangman, Pictionary, checkers, or tic tac toe!
- Host a private Marco Polo Party! Marco Polo is a walkie talkie chat type app that you can video chat with your friends!
- Have a birthday party interview. Interview your birthday boy or girl and have family submit questions for them to answer. Then watch together with family and friends.
- Call Toledo Princess Parties and have one of their characters call your birthday girl or boy!
- Home Zone- Skyzone Toledo Headoffice is hosting virtual parties!
Games and Activities
- Game Day! Play all your child’s favorite games.
- Have a DANCE PARTY! Make a playlist of your child’s favorite songs.
- Can’t go to the drive-in? Have a drive-in movie in your living room. Bring an air mattress out and pile up all the blankets. ADD POPCORN!
- Scavenger Hunt around your house or neighborhood-if your neighbors are in on you being in their yard :).
Decorate Your House
- Order Birthday Party yard signs from A & K Yard Greetings.
- Blow up balloons and make every room a party! Fill their room the morning of (sneak in), grab number balloons for how old they will be, and make birthday balloon banners!
- Hang streamers from the ceiling, on doors, and windows!
- Have siblings or other family members make cards or signs for the house.
- Put up a photo garland on the wall or fireplace.
Meals and Dessert (don't forget the cake)
- Let the birthday boy or girl plan their entire day of meals. Breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner and of course dessert!
- Have an ice cream sundae snack with everyone in the immediate household.
- Order a cake or cupcake from one of our favorite local bakeries!